Visto is a free immigration platform that helps people navigate Canadian immigration.
Visto Qualify (“Qualify”) is a Canadian immigration qualifier that compares your information to the eligibility requirements of more than 60 Canadian immigration programs and highlights the programs that you may qualify for.
However, keep in mind that immigration laws are very complex and dependent on a variety of factors. This website is in no way intended to replace independent legal advice. It is always recommended that you consult with a professional to obtain advice specific to your individual circumstances, such as through the Visto portal on the Help from a Lawyer page.
Qualify performs very simple Canadian immigration eligibility checks based on limited information provided by the user. Qualify compares your information against over 60 Canadian immigration programs to see if you meet their eligibility requirements, as outlined by the federal and provincial government websites.
IMPORTANT: Qualify is intended to provide a starting point for immigration only, to be adjusted in accordance with the many other factors not considered by Qualify that could dramatically affect these results.
Calculations from this site are not legal advice, and are not a substitute for working with an immigration professional. You are always well-advised to consult with a qualified lawyer familiar with immigration law to fully understand all of the issues in the particular facts of your situation.
Although Qualify generates immigration program results, eligibility for each program is not guaranteed in every situation, nor does this guarantee an approval from the respective designated body if you choose to apply to any of these programs. All decisions are ultimately made by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (“IRCC”). Immigration law is extremely complex and there are many other factors not considered by this Calculator that could dramatically affect your outcome
No refunds will be issued. Before purchasing Qualify ensure that it covers your situation (see below for issues not considered).
Some issues/factors NOT considered by this calculator include, but are not limited to:
Important: If your situation includes any of the factors above, your basic calculation will be a starting point only. It is always recommended to consult with an immigration professional.
The immigration professionals listed on this site are all Canadian immigration lawyers in good standing with their respective law societies within Canada. Especially due to the prevalence of scamming in the immigration industry, only lawyers that are known and vetted by Visto have been listed.
1) Qualify is owned and operated by Visto Tech Inc. (“Visto”) and is provided to you under the terms and conditions of this service agreement (the “Agreement”).
2) You acknowledge and agree to the “Limitations” set out above for the use of Qualify (the “Service”).
3) You assume the entire risk associated with the use of the Service. The Service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis without any representations or warranties of any kind, either express, implied or collateral, including but not limited to any representations or warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. For greater certainty, without limiting the foregoing:
a) neither this Agreement, nor any documentation furnished under it is intended to express or imply any representation or warranty that the Service will be uninterrupted, timely, error-free or free from any software virus or other harmful component;
b) The Service is not in any way intended or to be construed as legal advice;
5) Visto, and its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, shareholders, employees, consultants and/or agents, shall not be liable to you, under any circumstances or legal or equitable theories whatsoever, for any loss or damages whatsoever, including without limiting the generality of the foregoing, any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, loss of business, profits or goodwill, loss of use or data, interruption of business, any claim by you or against you, or any indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages of any character, even if Visto is aware of the risk of such damages, arising from or in connection with:
a) any of the matters referred to in Sections 2 or 3 above;
b) your use of, access to or reliance on the Service;
c) your inability to properly use the Service, whether as a result of your own fault or the fault of Visto;
d) your inability to gain access to the Service;
e) any flaw or error contained in, or associated with, Qualify;
f) any delay or failure in performance under the Agreement by Visto resulting directly or indirectly from acts of God, terrorism, or other causes beyond its reasonable control.
6) In the alternative to 5 above, Visto’s liability to you shall not, for any reason, exceed the amount paid by you to Visto under this Agreement.
7) Legal and other Professional Advice Not Provided. The Content does not (in whole or in part) constitute legal or other professional advice. The Content should not be relied upon as accurate, reliable, complete, current, timely, or fit for any particular purpose, without receiving advice from a lawyer or other relevant professional, as applicable. None of the Content is, nor will any of the Content be construed as being, in any way whatsoever legal advice or any other advice of a similar nature. No one should act, or not act, on the sole basis of the Content.
8) Currency of Content. The Content is provided for informational purposes only. The Content should not be relied upon as accurate, reliable, complete, current, timely, or fit for any particular purpose. To the extent that the Content is current as of the date of first publication, it may no longer be accurate as a result of the passage of time.
9) This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and Visto with respect to the Service and supersedes all previous or contemporaneous proposals, both oral and written, representations, writings and all other communications between you and Visto with respect to such subject matter.
10) Visto reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change, modify, add or remove all or part of this Agreement at any time with or without notice to you. Please refer back to this Agreement often.
11) For purposes of this Agreement, the term “persons” shall be broadly interpreted and includes an individual, a corporation, a partnership, a trust, an unincorporated organization and the executors, administrators or other legal representatives of an individual in such capacity.
12) This Agreement, and the relationship between you and Visto, are governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario.
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
– “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
– “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
– “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
For further details, please see the ‘about Hotjar’ section of Hotjar’s support site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
Password are hashed using state-of-the-art, bcrypt technology, and data is stored in encrypted storage volumes and backed up in a Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) with dedicated firewalls in data centers.
Payments are processed by Stripe, a company which has received the highest level of PCI certification available in the payments processing industry. Stripe utilizes best-in-class security tools and practices
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
Communicate with you;
Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site–you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
FACEBOOK – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
GOOGLE – https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
216-175 Bleecker Street, Toronto, ON, M4X 1L9, Canada